Mark Carrigan’s book, Social Media for Academics, is now available to pre-order.
Social media is an increasingly important part of academic life that can be a fantastic medium for promoting your work, networking with colleagues and for demonstrating impact. However, alongside the opportunities it also poses challenging questions about how to engage online, and how to represent yourself professionally.
This practical book provides clear guidance on effectively and intelligently using social media for academic purposes across disciplines, from publicising your work and building networks to engaging the public with your research. It is supported by real life examples and underpinned by principles of good practice to ensure you have the skills to make the most of this exciting medium.
You’ll find advice on:
- Using social media to publicise your work
- Potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- The evolving role of social media in higher education
- Defining digital scholarship
- Managing your identity online
- Finding time for social media
- Near-future trends in academia.
Visit Marks blog for more insights and discussion on social media academic practice at http://markcarrigan.net/