Call for papers for The Body of War: Drones and Lone Wolves, University of Lancaster on 24-25 November 2016. This workshop is part of the ongoing States of Exceptions project (for Part I, see here). Derek Gregory will be giving one of the keynotes. Full details at Derek’s blog Geographical Imaginations.
We invite potential participants to submit abstracts of no more than 250 words by 31 July 2016 drawing upon, but not limited to, such issues as:
- Theatres of War: The New Spatialities and Temporalities of Warfare
- Mirror Images? Drones vs. Suicide Bombers
- Phenomenology of Drones
- New Perspectives on Ethics, Horror & Terror
- The Ubiquity of the Enemy: Lone Wolves and Self-Representing Terror
- The Collapse of International Law: What Enemy? Which Proportionality?
- The Body as a Weapon: The Immanentization of Martyrdom
- Phenomenology of Lone Wolves
- The End of Law: Rethinking Limitation, Proportionality and Discrimination
Please send abstracts with “States of Exception II” in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org