London Conference in Critical Thought (LCCT),
Friday & Saturday 5-6 July 2019
Richard Hoggart Building
Goldsmiths, University of LondonWe are delighted to be able to invite you to the 8th annual London Conference in Critical Thought (LCCT), hosted and supported by the Centre for Invention and Social Process (CISP) at the Department of Sociology at Goldsmiths. The conference offers a space for an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas for scholars who work with critical traditions and concerns.
Central to the vision of the conference is an inter-institutional, non-hierarchal, and accessible event that makes a particular effort to embrace emergent thought and the participation of emerging academics, fostering new avenues for critically-oriented scholarship and collaboration.
The streams for #LCCT2019 are:
• Art MANIFESTOS: The future of an evolving form
• Automating inequality: AI, smart devices and the reproduction of the social
• The Cold War Then and Now: Theories and legacies
• Culture/Politics of trauma
• Difference, evolution and biology
• Gendered technologies, gender as technology
• Immanence, conflict and institution: Within and beyond Italian Theory
• Multiplying Citizenship: Beyond the subject of rights
• Radical Ventriloquism: Acts of speaking through and speaking for
• Rethinking new materialisms: Ethics, politics and aesthetics