If you’re interested in pursuing graduate studies at Durham or Newcastle Universities, the North East Doctoral Training scholarships, deadline 24 February 2012, have now been advertised. I’ve also just updated the list of broad areas in which I’m interested in supervising students.
- contemporary political geography, especially issues around territory and geopolitics
- issues relating to the work of the International Boundaries Research Unit where co-supervision can be arranged with staff from the unit (Martin Pratt, John Donaldson, Andrew Burridge)
- research putting ideas of key social/spatial theorists (Lefebvre, Foucault, et. al.) to work in a range of urban, political, historical and social settings
- projects in the history of geographical thought
- more theoretically based work on a range of social/spatial theorists or concepts